There are some in our society who believe school should be an intense place of only academic learning. At North Pointe, we agree with the intensity part, but we do not limit the learning to just academics. We believe a student is only fully prepared for college after they have been involved in a broad range of rich school experiences, not just learned information communicated in a book. Our culture openly acknowledges that our passion for excellence in athletics and the arts, along with our zeal in providing experiences where life-long relationships and memories can be created, is equal to our commitment to academic achievement. It's a culture anchored in the core belief that a motivated student, who wants to be here, will learn!
It's also a culture where our faculty and staff:
- Enjoy spending their day with teenagers, causing students to feel valued.
- Influence teenagers to change, causing students to be motivated.
- Excel in their areas of responsibility, causing students to learn.
It's a culture where our students are:
- Engaged - focused, competitive, expressive and connected.
- Determined - taking risks and persevering through adversity.
- Caring - sensitive to the needs of others and taking action to provide assistance.
It's a culture that purposefully seeks to assist parents in developing students who demonstrate scholastic and behavioral excellence and make a positive impact in their community. A Culture that promises to provide students the opportunity to gain foundational knowledge, grow in character, and develop leadership skills. A Culture that creates and sustains environments where students are trusted and encouraged to take risks and achieve their dreams in academics, athletics and the arts.
It's a culture that unapologetically believes North Pointe is the best school and where yearly themes are designed to promote community.